Wednesday 13 February 2013

Double Pom Power Porridge


Double pomegranate porridge

I still had half a pomegranate left over from the other day, and decided to spice it up  little compared to just a plain old porridge. I don't really know any spices which work well with pomegranate, but I do have some pomegranate tea bags! They only contain 5% real pomegranate (the rest is orange peel and cranberries) but they taste lovely and fruity! I also added some yogurt, which helps make the creamyness you loose when using what if effectively water and also some calories and calcium to make this a more complete breakfast! I only had Greek yogurt, but coconut would be great! Now I cant eat yogurt, and soy stuff makes me sick so I hope others will enjoy this!!

Recipe--serves 1

  • 1/2 cup oats
  • 1 cup pomegranate tea, brewed and left to cool
  • 1/2 pomegranate, seeds removed
  • 3 tbsp  greek/natural yogurt (or way more if your like me!)

Method

  1. Pour the tea over the oats and leave to soak in over night
  2. Top with pomegranate seeds.(You can do this in the morning or get prepared and do it the night before also!)
  3. Microwave for 2 mins (seems to take less when left to soak)
  4. Top with yogurt and honey if you like
  5. Enjoy something a bit different!
Fancy a look at these tea bags?


Click here (a bit if free advertising for asda)





No comments:

Post a Comment