Thursday 21 February 2013

"Roasted" nectarine

Dry fried nectarine porridge


Today the nectarines we bought where finally ripe! I really wanted to roast a few, but ran out of time and waiting 30 mins in the morning just wasn't going to work! I still had more time then normal though as its half term (the last day though..) So I sliced up the fruit and dry fried them in a hot pan. The smell is amazing-like fruity caramel! You can add sugar but it isn't really necessary at all. If you think my porridge looks a little brown, I used almond milk which makes it lovely and creamy and is lactose free :)
This isn't the quickest breakfast, is defiantly worth while-perhaps a Sunday morning treat?

Recipe--for 1

  • 1 nectarine or peach
  • 1/2 cup oats
  • 1/2 cup of milk
  • Nuts (I used cashews)
  • yogurt (I added alpro soya after pics)


Method

  1. Chop nectarine or peach into slices
  2. Heat up a non-stick frying pan, add the slices and wait until they start to sizzle a little.
  3. When they are a little brown on one side, flip (I found using a blunt knife is the easiest!)
  4. Put oats and milk in a bowl. Heat for 2-3 mins
  5. Add the fruit and either leave on top, or mix in with the oats.
  6. Top with nuts and/or yogurt
  7. Enjoy!

Finally browning up!

And after all, we can all just pretend they are roasted, they still taste great!

No comments:

Post a Comment