Tuesday 26 February 2013

Can you be ready for a test?

Double pineapple, mango and coconut


Today is the day of my driving test. I've been driving for 8 months, with 28 hrs of lessons and have been driving with my mum so i should be OK. However I'm still a bit nervous. So I wanted a brilliant, bright and tasty breakfast. Whats brighter then a tropical bowl? Yesterday my brothers had pineapple and ham pizza (the veggie had an egg Florentine pizza-nom!!), so I used the ring of pineapple that was left over. This wasn't enough for 1 portion, so used my little mix of dried mango and pineapple and sprinkled with shavings of coconut. If you don't have dried mango and pineapple, chopped apricot or dates would work nicely too.





Recipe-Serves 1

  • 1/2 cup of oats
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1 ring (or more) fresh/canned pineapple
  • Dried mango and pineapple
  • Dried/Dessicated coconut



Method



  1. Chop up the pineapple
  2. Mix together fresh pineapple, oats and milk.
  3. Top with dried fruit.
  4. Microwave for 2-3 mins
  5. Enjoy!!





And If your wondering, this lovely breakfast worked!! I passed my test with 3 minors and did a three point turn I'm extremely proud of! I'm yet to drive unaccompanied on the road, but hopefully will try it out soon, before I loose my nerve. For now I feel so elated its amazing!




No comments:

Post a Comment