Friday 22 February 2013

Feeling better Porridge?

Banana and blueberry porridge
Yesterdays post wasn't completely honest, and I've been feeling a little bad since posting! I didn't really lie, I just didn't eat it yesterday  I have been unwell with Norovirus (I'll spare you the details) so haven't eaten a proper breakfast for a few days. This morning I still feel sick but thought I ought to try and eat properly. I went for a nice healthy mix of blueberries, banana and seeds. I've been living on lemon aid  white bread, jam and crisps (all I felt like eating!) so really need to get back on to a healthy diet again! I added some of my failed coconut butter-which just turned into dried out coconut mush.

Recipe-serves 1
  • 1/2 banana
  • 1/3 cup blueberries
  • 1 serving oats
  • 1 serving milk
  • Seeds/nuts/coconut

Method
The failed coconut butter :/
  1. Mash banana and microwave for 20 secs to caramelize.
  2. Add berries, oats and milk and mix.
  3. Microwave for 2-2.5 mins
  4. Add seeds/nuts/ coconut, mix in or leave.
  5. Enjoy! (more the me hopefully!)












Please note my lovely 'get well soon' Winnie the pooh bowl "They sang the outdoor song for snowy weather all the way home" :)




No comments:

Post a Comment