Tuesday 2 April 2013

Apple and peanut butter

Apple and peanut butter

I love eating slices of  apple and dipping them in peanut butter. I thought it was about time I tried this on porridge. I left half of  the apple raw, so it was lovely, crisp and a little sharp which helps to tone down the richness of the peanut butter.

Recipe

  • 1/2 cup oats
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1 Apple
  • 1-2 tbsp peanut butter
Method
  1. Mix the oats and milk
  2. Chop the apple and mix half of it in with the oat mixture
  3. Top with peanut butter.
  4. Microwave for 2-3 mins
  5. Add the rest of the apple and enjoy!





I went for this topping this morning, as I thought it would help me power through my run! I normally eat peanut-banana butter or make peanut or blended fruit nut balls for after my run to re power and give me a high enegry snack. I have to replace the calories I loose running! Todays post-run snack will be a smoothie and even though I add peanut butter, I cant taste it, so I can cope with the double peanut dose!! I have to say, running is getting tougher, not physically-but because my grandparents dont understand it! They also dont get any of my food. If I get one more that looks interesting comment about my food-I may scream. I’m sure it’ll happen to my smoothie (its going to be green and healthyful) but I don’t get how putting apple in my porridge is that different or unusual? 
Just 2 weeks left...


No comments:

Post a Comment