Saturday 6 April 2013

Veggie Pizza


Kale Cabbage pizza.

Normally when people give me pizza its cheese and tomato. Boring-I'm vegetarian  I still have taste buds! Occasionally I get vegetable, with maybe some murdered onions on. I don't mean to sound ungrateful, I know people find it difficult to feed me! Now I'm lactose intolerant I tend to bring my own pizza to outings anyway. This recipe is something I've been wanting to try for a while, but kept forgetting when we had kale at home (which isn't often-no one else really likes or appreciate its healthfulness . No of course, there is no kale around  so I settled on cabbage instead. I used sweetheart cabbage which was, surprisingly, lovely and sweet! Whatever you use, slicing it finely and frying are diffinalty what make this great.
Even my mum said "If I saw cabbage pizza in a recipe book, I'd never try it-but it's actually rather nice. Leeks would be good too". I nearly fainted!! It was pretty yummy though. I forgot to take a picture of the whole pizza, but heres the left overs I had with beans for lunch.

I used a Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall  recipe from 'Veg every day' which is a brilliant book I got for my birthday.
But basically here is the recipe:

Cabbage Pizza   serves 2-3 people

Ingredients
1 pizza base (make your own dough-its so fab!)
1 tbsp oil
1 medium onion
1/2 cabbage
30g cheese


  1. Peheat the oven to 200C
  2. Roll out dough, as thinly as you like.
  3. Chop up an onion and thinly Slice cabbage. 
  4. In a pan heat up the oil and the fry onion until golden.
  5. add the cabbage to onions, cook for arround 5 mins-until soft.
  6. Top pizza with the veg mixture, sprinkle over some cheese if you like.
  7. Bake in the oven for 15-20 mins.


No comments:

Post a Comment