Friday 1 March 2013

Pear and cinnamon porridge

Pear and cinnamon Porridge

Today I jut felt like a nice simple breakfast. Even simpler then normal! Probably as I was so hungry-not even sure why! Just chopped up a pear, added to oats, sprinkled with cinnamon and microwaved. I ate half of it before microwaving today-I was that hungry! It still tasted good raw though, really good.So if the bowl looks a little empty, its not because I'm down sizing portions (haa ha-that would never happen nowadays!!). I drizzled the lot with some coconut milk, which is so rich its like cream, but a bit healthier! I can hardly keep myself from drinking it straight from the can.

Recipe

  • 1/2 cup oats
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1 small pear
  • 1/2 tsp-1 tsp cinnamon (depends on how spicy you like it!)
  • 1 tbsp coconut milk/cream
Method
  1. Put oats and milk in one bowl
  2. Chop up pear.
  3. Mix pear and cinnamon in one bowl, then put on top of oats
  4. Microwave for 2-3mins
Or..combine stage 1-3 and skip the rest and shovel raw porridge into your mouth.... (Really the whole time consuming cooked way is better even when your starving). 


No comments:

Post a Comment