Thursday 14 March 2013

Apple and dried fruit with a twist

Apple, current, raisins and sultanas
Today was a little different. This is a mixture of currents, raisins and sultanas. I normally don't bother with all these (I just chuck in a few raisins) but today was special. Why special? Not really sure! I just felt like splashing out. Its amazing how different they all taste, although all sweet, I think sultanas are the sweetest and currents are lovely and chewy. I just left the apple sliced, rather then chopping/dicing. This was great on top, the slices just softened slightly and heating them really made them sweet.

Recipe
  • 1/2 cup oats
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1 apple
  • 1 tbsp each currents, raisins and sultanas

Method
  1. Mix the oats and milk and mix in the dried fruit
  2. Slice the apple and put on top of oats
  3. Microwave on high for 2-3 mins
  4. Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment