Wednesday 27 March 2013

Ready for Easter?

Hot cross porridge


One of the things that annoys me about blogs sometimes, is that a perfect recipe/idea comes up-but its too late. Take a lovely advent calander someone put online on the 5th December. they must have made it a week before and I could have used their ideas!! By no means am I saying this recipe is perfect, but its pretty yummy and the spices and rasins do make this taste rather hotcross bun like. These pictures show my beutiful arrangement of the fruit and nuts to look like a cross. Of course this isnt nessaccary, and once I added the milk it was ruinined :( but at least my pictures prove I tried. I think this would be a perfect good friday or easter breakfast. I have to say, my personal plans for easter morning invole chocolate!

Ingreadents
1/2 cup oats
1 cup milk
1/2 tsp mixed spice
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1 tbsp raisins*golden if you have them!
1 tbsp sultanas
1 tbsp currents
small handful chopped nuts/seeds

Method
  1. Mix the milk, spice and oats in a bowl.
  2. top with the nuts and fruit-cross pattern optional.
  3. Microwave for 2-3 mins
  4. Sprinkle with a little more spice and enjoy!

To anyone in the UK..how are you holding up in the cold?! Where is our spring?

No comments:

Post a Comment