Monday 18 March 2013

Apple and toasted seeds


Apple and toasted seeds
Yesterday was been such a lazy day for me! I spent the morning in my Pajamas, just making my lunch for today somehow took me 2 hours!! I have never bothered to toast seeds before. So when prepping my porridge last night, to combat my lazyness I tried it. I will do it again and again! It's really worth toasting them just for the smell. It really does bring out the flavor as well though, in particular sesame seeds which can be a little tasteless otherwise.
Sweet apple and a few raisins cut through the seeds bitter toastynes and make a nice balanced bowl.

Ingreadents

  • 2 tbsp sunflower seeds
  • 1 tbsp sesame seeds
  • 1 apple
  • 1 tbsp raisins
  • 1/2 cup oats
  • 1 cup milk
Method
  1. Heat up a small frying pan (no need for oil!)
  2. When hot add the seeds and stir, keep an eye on them as they go from plain to toasty very quickly!
  3. Chop up the apple, mix in a bowl with raisins and oats.
  4. Pour over the milk.
  5. Top with seeds, mix or leave as a topping.
  6. Microwave for 2-3 mins
  7. Enjoy!



Thinking about it, I wasnt that lazy, I did go for a run, make my lunch for today; did 45 mins of revision; Make my mum some roasted butternut squash/sage toastys and wrote up 3 blog posts... Maybe I'll say nice and relaxed day instead?!

No comments:

Post a Comment