Friday 15 March 2013

Not the greenest day!

Butternut, Sage and goats cheese sandwich
Today is Friday  but I'm not in school! We where supposed to have mock exams, but as we've only learnt half of our topics, most of my teachers decided not to give us one. So I've had a 'day off' catching up on notes, sorting out books and tidying up! I've just got to make dinner, sort my Grandmas computer out and do some revision... Of course I have done some nice things too, I had a lie in until 7:45, went running, make some peanut butter dough biscuits (ate them all...) and whilst typing this I've watched F.r.i.e.n.d.s. Still why not treat myself on this day off..Butternut squash is my favouirte food! Its awesome in soup, salad, curry, everything! (Haven't tried it in porridge yet though). Roasting it makes it go really sweet and pumpkin like. This sandwich is actually inspired by some soup I had the other day-Butter nut squash and sage. By adding dried sage to the oil, the squash really takes on the flavour.

Ingredients
1/4 cup butternut squash (or pumpkin) (double for 2 slices worth)
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp dried sage
1-2 slices bread
Some goats cheese grated

Method

  1. Heat the Oven up to 180C
  2. Chop the squash into small pieces (the smaller they are, the faster it cooks)
  3. Mix the squash, oil and sage, so the squash is well coated
  4. Roast in the oven for 30ish mins. Longer if you use more squash, or large pieces.
  5. Remove the squash (if soft and goldeny).Toast the bread.
  6. Top the bread with the squash and cheese.
  7. Grill for 2ish mins, until cheese melts
  8. Enjoy!!


As well as this I had a veggies sausage sandwich, onion bhaji and an orange. So really there really wasn't a green thing in site (unless specks of sage count??)! I'll make up for it at dinner tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment